Featuring the FESPA Education Hub for all levels of print expertise.
FESPA (www.fespa.com) has announced the educational programming for its 2015 international tradeshow this May 18-22 at Koelnmesse in Cologne, Germany. Sessions will take place in the FESPA Education Hub in Hall 8 throughout the week; the co-located European Sign Expo (www.europeansignexpo.com) and Printeriors (www.printeriors.net) will present educational seminars as well, in Halls 7 and 9, respectively.
The FESPA Education Hub will cover topics in digital, screen, and textile printing for printers at all stages of adoption. Seminars will include:
• “Color Calibration for Digital Print Textiles” with Scott Donovan of Bleuprint Creative;
• “Marketing Guide for Printers Who Don’t Do Marketing” with print consultant Neil Falconer;
• “The Recoloration of Textile Patterns” with Marco Olivotto of Marco Olivotto & C. snc ;
• “The Importance of Picking the Right Heat Press” with Cris Saunders of Insta Graphic Systems;
• And “Large-Format Signage Printing” with Dorin Pitigoi.
European Sign Expo’s free seminars will include:
• “Traditional Sign Painting Workshop” with Sam Roberts of Better Letters;
• “Sign Tech Time,” a panel discussion with Sophie Matthews-Paul;
• “Global Print Trends with a Focus on Signage” with Dr. Sean Smyth of Smithers Pira;
• “Exploring the Threats to the Traditional Signmaker” with James Matthews-Paul of Output Magazine;
• “UK Signmaking Regulations” with David Catanach of British Signs and Graphics Association;
• And a daily “Ask the Experts” panel forum.
Finally, the one-day Printeriors Conference will feature seminars on interior design and print on Thursday, May 21, including:
• “Insights into the Growth and Creative Development of Printing for Interior Markets” with Jennifer Castoldi of Trendease International;
• “Creative Solutions with Digital Printed Fabrics” with Andreas Skantza of Big Image Systems AB;
• “Image Is Everything” with Jan Baden of Druckprozess GmbH & Co. KG;
• And “The Recipe for Discovery” with Janjaap Ruijssenaars of Universe Architecture.
Did you enjoy this article? Click here to subscribe to the magazine.