More than 30 percent of attendees confirm an interest in digital printing.
FESPA China 2013, which took place November 18-20 at the Shanghai World Expo Exhibition and Convention Center, attracted 9507 visitors from 77 countries, show organizers report.
“We’re extremely pleased with the success of FESPA China 2013,” says Nigel Steffens, FESPA ambassador. “We wanted to build on the CSGIA’s event’s 30 year heritage and make it international, appealing to visitors from neighboring countries, so it’s rewarding to see the breadth of attendance from Asia and further afield. Seventy percent of the visitor audience were also first-time visitors, confirming the ability of the FESPA brand to refresh the established exhibition’s audience. The scope of visitors who attended FESPA China 2013 from all over Asia, and their positive feedback supports our strategic commitment to return to China in 2014, and to continue to look for the right location for a pan-Asian event.”
Some FESPA China numbers and data to note:
• One-fifth of the visitors attended the show over more than one day, bringing the total attendance to 11384, FESPA reports.
• After mainland China, the largest visitor groups were from India, Japan, Korea,and Malaysia, with delegates also coming from Hong Kong and Taiwan. Within China, after Shanghai, the visitor audience was dominated by printers from Eastern China, especially Zhejiang, Jiangsu and Guangdong.
• In an event historically focused on screen, 34 percent of attendees confirmed their interest in digital, coming close to the figure of 42 percent who were interested in screen printing.
• Managers and decision makers dominated the audience, with 51 percent of visitors saying they have decision making power and an additional 30 percent having input to the purchasing decision; 46 percent of the visitor audience confirmed their intention to purchase equipment at the show.
• 12 percent of visitors gave seminars as a key reason for attending.
FESPA China 2014 will take place November 19-21, 2014 in Guangzhou.
Did you enjoy this article? Click here to subscribe to the magazine.