User login

Roll-Fed Media for UV Inkjet Printers

(September 2007) posted on Wed Sep 26, 2007

MacDermid ColorSpan Inc.

click an image below to view slideshow

Macdermid ColorSpan recently introduced four types of 54-in.-wide (1372-mm) roll-fed print media for use with its line of wide-format UV inkjet printers. UV Photobase is a photo-grade paper with a double-sided, extruded, polyethylene outer layer. The printing side is resin coated for cockle-free printing high ink coverage. UV White Film is an opaque polyester for printing high-ink-coverage graphics that require more durability than what’s offered by paper. UV Backlit Film is a translucent polyester for indoor or outdoor backlit-display applications. Its heavier gauge is designed to ease handling and insertion into light boxes. UV Canvas is a white cotton-polyester blend with three primer coatings and a matte finish. The stretchable canvas is designed for high-quality art reproductions. UV Photobase, UV White Film, and UV Backlit Film are available in 100-ft (31-m) rolls. UV Canvas is available in 40-ft (12-m) rolls. MacDermid ColorSpan Inc., 11311 K-Tel Dr., Minnetonka, MN 55343, 952-944-9330, 800-477-7714, fax: 952-944-9583, Web:


Did you enjoy this article? Click here to subscribe to the magazine.