Vastex International Offers Intermediate and Advanced Education
10 sessions announced for 2016.
Vastex International has announced its 2016 training schedule. Taught by industry consultant Douglas Grigar, the “Screen Printing A to Z” and “Advanced Art Seminar” courses are held at the company’s headquarters in Allentown, Pennsylvania.
“Screen Printing A to Z” is a three-day class for entry-level to intermediate screen printers, covering topics such as screen coating, screen frame choices, mesh selection, exposure control and emulsion choices, troubleshooting, athletic numbering, special inks and procedures, curing and flashing, and screen cleaning and reclaiming. Cost is $500 or $450 per person when booking as a group.
“Advanced Art Seminar” is a one-day session for intermediate to advanced professionals interested in the art-to-positive process. Topics include vector drawing, Photoshop, basic positive and stencil needs, color separations, dots and halftones, matching art to mesh and stencil, dealing with customer-provided art, screen printing’s limitations on graphics, the effects of garment color, underbases, spot colors, and more. Cost is $179 or $149 per person when booking as a group.
The 2016 schedule is as follows:
• Screen Printing A to Z, January 28-30;
• Screen Printing A to Z, March 31-April 2;
• Advanced Art Preparation, April 3;
• Screen Printing A to Z, May 12-14;
• Screen Printing A to Z, June 23-25;
• Screen Printing A to Z, July 28-30;
• Screen Printing A to Z, September 22-24;
• Screen Printing A to Z, October 20-22;
• Advanced Art Preparation, October 23;
• And Screen Printing A to Z, December 1-3.