I need suggestions on the following problem I face
We have a Tampoprint (ClichÃ© process) Machine. While printing â€œmulticoloured imagesâ€ on a 3D-plastic shape we arise with the symbol displacement/deformation problems. The problem can be detailed as follows-
1) We have a â€œ2D-CADâ€ drawing of the symbols we need to print on a Plastic â€œ3D-shapeâ€
2) This â€œ2D-CADâ€ drawing of the symbols is printed out on a plastic transparency film.
3) Metallic ClichÃ© is covered with this plastic film
4) ClichÃ© is insolated with Ultraviolet Radiations
5) Acid is used on the metallic ClichÃ© to remove all no-insolate area by UV and the ClichÃ© is ready.
6) When the Tampon/Pad transfers the printing images (Symbols) on a â€œ3D-Plastic shapeâ€ then the symbols are either displaced from their position or are not of the desired shape.
I.e. when a 2D image is tried to be put on a 3D shape then we donâ€™t get the correct format we need. In the attached picture you can see the problem. Black colour is the one what we exactly need on a â€œ3D-shaped plastic partâ€ whereas Red colour is the one what we get in reality.
I need help from the experts if then can suggest me what could be the solutions to this kind of problem where we have symbols which are always in 2D on the ClichÃ©, and the plastics parts which are always 3D.
Note: - we have already tried to put deformed/ displaced symbols (odd) on a Plastic film so that we can get, ultimately, the desired output on a Plastic 3D part (even). But this process is very time consuming as we need a lot of hit and try to get these odd symbols on a Plastic film.
Please let me know if anyone needs further information. A quick reply in this regard would be highly appreciated.
Did you enjoy this article? Click here to subscribe to the magazine.